Winter is coming! With itself, winter brings the chilling winds and freezing days and nights. No amount of comforters and quilt helps because nobody is sitting all the time in their bed. Then the only thing that provides relief is Room Heaters. A room heater is a necessity of winter to keep running the work smoothly. Whether you are at home or work, a room heater is an essential home/office appliance during winters.
India is a relatively warm country, but in winter, especially in northern and eastern parts, the temperature falls below 5 degrees Celsius. Winter times are very difficult in India. Sun doesn’t come up for days, and people can’t even feel any warmth in the daytime. Doing daily tasks becomes much more difficult in harsh winter days in both homes and offices. The elderly and youngest of the family fall ill quickly and don’t recover easily.
Unlike other cold countries, people are not habitual with this lifestyle and don’t have the means to fight to live normally, such as heating systems at home and offices. India is a warm country most of the year, and winter only comes for 4-5 months maximum. This is why it is not wise to spend that much money and time on built-in heating systems. This is why room heaters are very popular and ideal in the Indian environment. They are easy to handle and fulfill the needs of every household and workplace. Today we are going to talk about the best room heaters in India. This is not an easy decision to make as every home and workplace has different needs, and you need to choose the best room heater in India according to your requirement.
Table of Contents
BEST ROOM HEATERS IN INDIA
After going through every room heater available in the market, we have selected the ten best room heaters in India that will fulfill every household and workplace’s needs. These are suitable for large and small space areas, easy to manage, and within your budget. We are presenting the ten best room heaters in India as follows:
Usha is a very common and renowned brand name in India. They manufacture some great home appliances keeping in mind the needs of Indian customers with different features and different price ranges with the best quality. In short words, you can say their every product is worth buying and gives you the value for your money. Their products are a mix of traditional high-quality standards with the touch of modern technology and designs, which makes them always smart and the number one choice of every customer.
● Comes with ceramic heating elements ● It comes with 1000 watts of power consumption. ● Comes with one year of warranty ● Provides cord storage facility ● Comes with a powder-coated finish to prevent corrosion ● Comes with thermostat settings
Comes with two heating positions
Can hook to the wall for your comfort
Compact and sleek in design
Meant for spot heating
Designed for low power consumption
Perfect for families of 4-5 people
Comes with overheating protection and safety measures
The second heater in our list of the best room heaters in India comes from the Bajaj Group of companies. Bajaj is the household and kitchen partner of every home in India for a very long time, Famous for their home appliances. Without a doubt, it has been the top choice of every household and workplace. Today we are talking about Bajaj Flashy 1000 watts radiant infrared room heater. If you are looking for a compact and noiseless Infrared heater for your bedroom, then it is the best choice.
● It is a 1000 watts power radiant heater. ● The outer body is made up of stainless steel. ● Consumes less electricity and heat up a room fast and efficiently ● The infrared heating radiating plates are made of corrosion-resistant nickel and chromium. ● Comes with two years of warranty ● ISI certified
Pros & Cons
Overheat protection and thermal cut off
Lightweight and easy to move
The design is very unique.
Comes with tilted legs, which makes it quite sturdy
Good customer service
Don’t have thermostat settings.
The outer body gets very hot, if touched, bare hands can burn anyone.
Orpat is a famous Indian brand and the largest supplier of household electrical products. Orpat is a group of companies based in Gujarat, India. If you still don’t remember the brand, then you would remember them for their ceiling fan advertisements in the ’90s. They are famous for their high-quality product not just in India but all over the world. They are known for their excellent customer relationships and services. Orpat OEH- 1260, 2000 watts fan heater is adequate for modern homes.
● It comes with 2000 watts of power. ● It is based on convection fan heating technology. ● Comes with two heat settings for normal cold weather- 1000 watts and for chilling winters – 2000 watts ● Comes with adjustable fan speed ● Comes with the safety measure cool-to-touch function ● Comes with 1 year of warranty
Ideal for spot heating
Ideal for medium-size rooms
Lightweight and compact in design
Comes with an in-built carry handle
Comes with safety measures such as thermal cut off and touch sensors
Can easily be stored when not in use
Long cord length
It makes noise
You can only plug it in a 16 amp plug, otherwise, the motor can burn down.
Morphy Richards is an international brand that is marketed and serviced by Bajaj electrical in India. You get the benefit of international quality with trusted Indian Services. The product of this company is much more expensive than other types of room heaters. They are an ideal choice for large spaces and workplaces.
● Comes with 2400 watts power ● Contains 9 oil-filled radiator fins ● Comes with a 400 watts PTC fan heater for better efficiency ● Comes with 2 years of guarantee ● Comes with an adjustable thermostat to maintain desired room temperature ● Equipped with castor wheels for easy move
On number five stands the product from Bajaj, which is budget and ideal for small rooms with all the safety measures. Bajaj RHX-2 is an infrared heating technology heater with its unique style and glowing heating elements. It is a vertically compact design room heater.
● International design and style ● Comes with 800 watts power ● Dual safety device ● Comes with two heating settings, 400 watts, and 800 watts ● Comes with 1 year of warranty
Excellent product quality
Lightweight and portable
Comes with thermal fuse safety measure
Comes safety tilt switch to safeguard against improper installation
The bright orange light can make you uncomfortable
Havells is a very renowned household name in manufacturing electrical and kitchen home appliances. Today, we are talking about Havells oil-filled heater. It is an expensive heater than the other type. They are ideal for large spaces and workplaces.
● It is a 2500 watt power oil-filled room heater. ● It has extra 400-watt power for the fan. ● Comes with 11 oil-filled fins ● Comes with three different power settings- 1000,1500, and 2500 watts according to the size of the room ● Comes with 2 years of warranty ● Easy to move, comes with 4 castor wheels. ● Ideal for medium and large rooms
Solimo is a brand launched by Amazon a few years back that produces mid-budget household products. It works on convection heating technology and with a sleek design and affordable prices. It is ideal for medium size rooms. Solimo is becoming quite a popular choice for customers as they get the advantages of all modern technology, compact designs under their budget. In comparison to other convector heaters.
Key Features ● It Comes with 2000 watts power. ● Ideal for small to medium-size rooms ● Comes with temperature control and thermostat setting knobs ● The fan will distribute the heat evenly in a room. ● Comes with 1 year of warranty ● It comes with overheat protection that turns the motor off when it reaches a dangerous temperature automatically.
Maharaja is one of the famous manufacturers of the best room heaters in India. Here we are discussing the small budget and decent quality room heater. Maharaja is an ISI certified manufacturer of home appliances in India. It is ideal for small office rooms and bedrooms. It runs on thermal energy.
● It is an Infrared heating technology. ● Comes with two adjustable thermostat ● ISI approved ● It includes two quartz tubes. ● It spread heat from glowing orange light. ● Ideal for small spaces and can run continuously for 2-3 hours.
Being comparatively one of the newest manufacturers in the Indian Market, Singer has become a famous household name and known for their affordable and value for money products. If you are looking for the best room heater in India for 2-3 people of a family, the singer quartz is the best product for you.
● It is an 800-watt infrared heater. ● Ideal for small room ● It comes with two heat bulbs that pass heat directly. ● Glow bulbs are made of quartz. ● It is a free-standing room heater. ● Compact and elegant design ● Comes with a thermal cut switch
This room heater from Usha is nominated as Amazon choice product, which delivers an outstanding heating performance without causing dryness and suffocation. It works on convection heating technology with unique design and portability.
● Comes with 1 year of warranty ● Adjustable 2 heating positions ● Comes with 2 power settings 1000 and 1800 watts ● Fall protection switch ● Thermal power cut out
A room heater is an essential home and works appliance during the winter season in India. The Winter season in India is pretty harsh, making it difficult to perform daily tasks without any bumps. Room heaters help to maintain an ideal room temperature to run operations smoothly. At the peak time of winter, sleeping in warm quilts is not enough to even. Earlier, people used to burn wood fires at homes to keep the temperature down, but it was not an environment-friendly way and consumes too much time and effort. Buying the best room heater in India is an Investment. Once you make a purchase, you can take the benefits from it for many coming years. Room heaters are easy to store and more pocket friendly.
Before buying any room heater, one must think about certain factors that can make the expense worth your money, and you can use it for the long term. Below we are mentioning a few facts to consider before buying the best room heater in India.
Let’s have a look:
● Heating Technology A room heater works on two types of heating technology which is convection and radiant heating methods. Convection Heaters- Convection heater heats the room’s air and raises the temperature overall of the room. They are suitable for large spaces. There are two types of convector heaters available in the market with and without a fan. A convection heater with a fan takes the room air and releases the warm air outside, passing through the heating element. They make too much noise because of the fan. Whereas convection heaters without fans are silent, the heating element in this type of room heaters is surrounded by oil or water. It takes time to heat up the room because of the oil and water but keep the room temperature warm after switching off for a long time as the liquid takes time to cool off. Radiant Heaters – This type of heaters generate infrared radiations. This device warms up people and objects but not the air of the room. It is only suitable for small closed rooms like the bedroom. They can continuously run for a few hours and keep the people warm who are a direct range of it. They are suitable for people with respiratory and dust allergic people. You can also use them outdoors.
● Types of Room Heaters There are mainly three categories of room heaters based on their heating capabilities Ceramic, Oil-filled, and Infrared heaters. Ceramic Heaters – In ceramic fan heaters, an electric current passes through ceramic heating elements covered with aluminum baffles. They heat up quickly and spread the heat evenly across the room. They operate at lower temperatures and only ideal for a small office or single room. They also create noise because of the fan that circulates air.
Oil- Filled Heaters – These heaters are small and look like traditional radiators. The heating element is surrounded by diathermic oil and doesn’t have to refill as it acts as a heating reservoir. It takes at least 20 minutes to warm up. They are suitable for large spaces, especially for the workplace. They are very energy-saving and can heat up the entire room for a long time, even when you unplug them. Not ideal for families with children, but it would be the right choice for asthmatic people.
Infrared Heaters – These heaters run on thermal energy that passes heat to only people and objects and does not heat the entire room. They are noiseless and quickly heat the room. They are compact and portable. They are very energy efficient. Only suitable for small offices and single rooms. They radiate bright lights, which can be disturbing, and cools down immediately.
● Size and Coverage of Room Heaters
It is a very general rule that you need to buy the room heaters according to the room’s size. If you buy a large heater for a small room, then the room will overheat soon, and you have to turn it off and on again and vice-versa. Also, check for the coverage and heating capability of the heater according to your requirements.
● Safety Factors Like buying any other electric appliance, you think about safety measures; the same goes for electric room heaters. Make sure their outer body doesn’t radiate heat as it can be harmful to everyone. In case of a sudden power cut or fall off while handling by kids, there should be a tip-over cut-off switch to prevent any mishappening. There should be an overheating protection switch that can put a brake on the heating element to get overheat and control the temperature automatically.
● Oxygen and Humidity levels This kind of issue mostly occurs in convector heaters. This is an important factor to consider when you have a newborn baby or asthmatic patient at home. Such heaters consume oxygen more to keep the room temperature warm, resulting in loss of oxygen and humidity. This can lead to dry skin, itchiness, nausea. If such a heater is suitable for your environment, keep a bucket full of water in the room to maintain the balance of oxygen and humidity.
● Energy Consumption Always make sure the room heater you are buying for your office or home is energy efficient and provides proper heating according to the room’s size. Unfortunately, room heaters don’t come up with energy ratings because there are many factors to consider. If you are using a small watts capacity heater for large spaces, they will consume more energy. You will end up with high electricity bills. This is why you should buy the right capacity heater with controlling heating techniques according to the environment.
● Power Cord and Noise level Never use room heaters with small cords as they can be tough to mage, and you cannot use them everywhere in your office or home. They will take up the space of the room and won’t feel comfortable with the heater’s placement. Noise is another factor to consider while choosing the best room heaters in India. Some room heaters produce very high noise, which would not be appropriate for small space offices and homes with little kids and older adults. Radiant and oil-filled heaters are noiseless, perfect for workplaces and bedrooms.
● Which type of room heater is best in India?
There are several types of room heater available in India. We recommend you to buy Usha Quartz and Amazon Solimo as they have all the necessary features and are durable in the affordable price range.
● Where is the best place to put a heater in a room?
The best place to keep the heater is where kids can’t reach a safe distance from wooden furniture and curtains. Always put them on a flat surface except wall mounted heaters that should stay 3 inches away from the wall.
● Do room heaters reduce oxygen?
Convection and a halogen room heater reduces oxygen and moisture from the air. You need to keep a window or door open for enough air supply or keep a bucket of water in the room to maintain the oxygen balance.
● What is a better heater or blower?
A room heater is definitely better than a blower to warm the room in the winter season.
● How do I choose a room heater?
You need to choose the room heater according to the room heater’s heating technology and capacity; size and design also matter according to the size of your room. Always keep in mind the safety parameters and energy-efficient room heaters before buying.
● What is the difference between blower and heater?
A blower is any device that blows warm air, and a heater generates heat as its prime function and keeps the temperature of the room down in winters. Room heaters are a more smart choice for the Indian atmosphere.
● What type of heater is the most energy-efficient?
Infrared radiant heaters are the most energy-efficient room heaters for small spaces, but if you are looking for large areas and workplaces, then Oil-filled radiators are the smart choice. They are more expensive than others, but it is an investment and is most durable.
● Which size of the room heater is best for me?
For small to medium-size family Bajaj flashy 1000 watts, steel, Orpat OEH, and Maharaja Whitelines are more affordable and easy to use room heaters with all good quality and basic features.
● Is it bad to have the heater on all night?
No, it is not bad to leave the heater running all night as they are manufactured keeping all the safety measures but still, it is advisable not to use the heaters all night while sleeping. There could be many external reasons for that, such as faulty and old wiring.
● Which is the best room heater brand in India?
Some of the best room heaters brands in India are Usha, Orpat, Bajaj, and Havells. They are all ISI, certified trusted brands.
● Does the room heater dry up the air?
Only the convector heaters with fans dry up the air because they warm the air in the room. Thus, always keep a small window open for air circulation.
● How can I choose the best room heater for my home?
You can read our buying guidelines above to know in detail which is the best room heater in India for your home and then can choose from the above-mentioned room heaters that suit every household requirement.
Conclusion- Best Room Heater In India
Above, we have discussed the top ten best room heaters In India suitable for different spaces, with a different price range, safety measures, and heating technology they run on to save your electricity bills. You can easily choose the perfect one according to your requirement from the above mentioned best room heaters in India for domestic and professional use.
Buying an ideal room heater can be a great investment that will last for several winter seasons and will give you the best returns of your money. In India, we cannot use centralized heating systems as it is a warm environment country. This is why room heaters are a more affordable and wise choice to purchase in winters. We hope now you have already decided which one is the best room heater in India according to your requirements.
THEKITCHENMART.COM IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR SITES TO EARN ADVERTISING FEES BY ADVERTISING AND LINKING TO AMAZON.COM. AMAZON, THE AMAZON LOGO, AMAZONSUPPLY, AND THE AMAZONSUPPLY LOGO ARE TRADEMARKS OF AMAZON.COM, INC. OR ITS AFFILIATES. AS AN AMAZON ASSOCIATE WE EARN AFFILIATE COMMISSIONS FROM QUALIFYING PURCHASES.